Our book will look at various laser/IPL treatments and some aspects of light-tissue interactions and hopefully answer all your questions…
The eBook contains many new images, links to online videos and animations to help explain some of the more complex issues behind light-tissue interactions and treatments.
These are the ‘FREE’ versions of our book in an ‘online’ version which appears as a ‘flip book’.
Chapter 1 – An Introduction to Medical/Aesthetic Lasers and IPLs
Chapter 2 – Laser Tattoo Removal – available very soon
The PDF version can be downloaded and printed. Click on the PAYPAL button below to purchase these versions.
Chapter 1 – Only 25 Euros
Chapter 2 – Only 10 Euros (available soon)
|Do you want an amended version of our book with |
your company name & logo, for staff training?
Go to ‘Special Offer for Businesses’ below.
Chapter 1 – An Introduction to Lasers and IPLs in Medical/Aesthetic Applications
This is the first chapter of our book on medical lasers and IPL systems used in today’s medical and aesthetic fields. If you have any difficulties with this option, please contact us at ‘email@example.com’
Whether you have over 20 years’ experience with lasers/IPLs or are just starting out on a new career, we feel confident that you will learn much from our book.
We have designed our book across three ‘levels’:
If you give us your email address we will send you the link to our book chapters as they are made available….
Level A – for beginners and newbies!
Not everyone is interested in the deep technical stuff around lasers and IPLs. So, we have designed the ‘Level A‘ section as an easy-to-read and understand section for everyone to enjoy. Here, we will introduce various concepts that you really should know, if you are performing laser/IPL treatments – some very basic, fundamental stuff!
This Level will contain:
- Basics of light – wavelength, energy, power,
- What is a laser? Basic designs.
- What is an IPL?
- Basics of treatment parameters – fluence, spot size, absorption, scattering
- The importance of ‘Power Density’
- The ‘Fitzpatrick’ Scale, perceived skin colour and melanin absorption
- Which is ‘better’ – lasers or IPLs?
- An introduction to Laser/IPL Hair Removal
- An introduction to Laser Tattoo Removal
- An introduction to Laser/IPL Blood Vessel & Pigmentation Removal
- Laser safety and safety glasses
- An introduction to the basics of light-skin interactions
- Depth of penetration
- Thermal relaxation time
- Class 1, 2, 3 and 4 lasers
- MPE, AEL, NOHZ
- Choosing the correct safety glasses
- A ‘laser-safe’ environment
- Laser clinic risk assessment
- Laser/IPL Plume – the hazards
Plus ‘How to Buy a Laser/IPL’ and ‘What can these systems really treat?’
Level B – this is aimed at the more experienced operators
This Level is for the more discerning reader who wants to understand things at a deeper level. We have kept the mathematics out of this Level on purpose, but it will still intrigue! It will discuss:
- Light-tissue interactions
- Selective Photothermolysis
- Thermal relaxation time and what’s wrong with it!
- Protein denaturation and ‘coagulation’
- Laser treatment of tattoos
- Are picosecond lasers better than nanoseconds?
- Laser/IPL treatment of hair
- Laser/IPL treatment of blood vessels
- Laser/IPL treatment of benign pigmentation
- Fractional laser treatments
- Which wavelengths/energies/pulsewidths are better?
Level C – this is for the geeks who really want to know more…
This Level is the ‘deep stuff’! Here we get into the ‘nitty gritty’ of light-tissue interactions and other groovy stuff…
This Level contains:
- A deeper analysis of light-tissue interactions
- Introduction to the Arrhenius equation – protein denaturation
- Considering temperature-time histories and their direct effects
- Tattoo removal – what really occurs around the ink particles/aggregates
- Why treatments often don’t succeed
Special Offer for Businesses
If you would like an amended version of any of our Chapters to use as training manuals for your business, with your company name and logo on them, we can provide you with something.
For a fee per Chapter, we can supply you with a manual based on any Chapter, according to your requirements. Please contact us for more info.
Contact us for a PDF version of all the Chapters, with your name and logo, for use within your organisation.
NOTE: All of these ‘bespoke’ versions are solely for your company use. They may not be sold outside of your own organisation. We will require you to enter into a license agreement with us, to proceed with any of the above requirements. Note that copyright is retained by The LaserIPLGuys – it is NOT transferred in any of the above transactions.
If you score more than 80% in any of our quizzes, then you are entitled to a certificate for a small fee.